BarCharts was conceived in early 1991 while Bobbie Ford, sitting at her kitchen table, was studying constitutional law for the bar exam, and penciled a flow chart summarizing the pertinent points. She made copies and her law school friends loved them. Her husband, John Ford, saw opportunity. At first, BarCharts was a modest business that created and sold guides dealing with torts and criminal law. Today, we not only produce over 500 QuickStudy® laminated quick-reference guides, but also offer a range of products that include flash cards, posters, and books. Our products are available in over 15,000 retail locations, as well as online in digital format from industry-leading digital distributors in the publishing marketplace.
We’ve gone from:
- Coffee-Stained Paper→ Spillproof Laminate
- Pencil-Sketches → Full-Color Graphics
- One student’s note-taking idea → Easy-to-read, visually appealing products for every end-user
- Laminated-only → Multimedia formats—Including books, flash cards, posters, wall maps, and interactive computer & video-based training (CBT)
- Fulfilling orders from the owners’ garage → A 42,000-square-foot headquarters with a sophisticated order-fulfillment system that is virtually error-free
At BarCharts, our vision is to be the premier publisher of quick-reference materials to assist customers worldwide in accomplishing their educational and professional goals. We will earn customer loyalty by continually updating our products, ensuring accuracy of information, working together as a team, and adapting to the transitioning publishing market so that our products are always available in whatever format our customers need to succeed.
Enjoy our Web site! We love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments with us. With your help, we will continue to be the world’s premier publisher of quick-reference materials for many years to come.